Master MHF series is a scaleable UPS system incorporating a VDC or VDC-XE flywheel.
The UPS is ideal for ECO targetted datacentres looking to achieve the lowest possible PUE ratios and highest operational resilience.
The UPS provides a number of advantages over more traditional battery enabled systems including: up to 99% efficiency, a compact footprint (up to 50% reduction), lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and almost instantaneous recharge time.
A single flywheel module provides sufficient runtime for the start-up of a local standby generator with the UPS providing an uninterruptible source of clean, stable power. The entire system can be scaled for resilient power (N+x) and runtime through the parallel operation of additional UPS and/ or flywheel modules, (and a small battery pack if required, for additional resilience).
In a standard configuration (1xUPS and 1xflywheel), the runtime available from the flywheel is more than sufficient to allow the UPS to ride through short duration breaks in mains power. If an additional extended runtime battery is installed, the flywheel engages first to protect the battery from life-degrading discharges.
KEY USER BENEFITS
• Clean power: an eco friendly, battery free uninterruptible power system.
• High efficiency: 0.99pf input with a high operating efficiency (online 95% or ECO mode: 99%)
• Fault tolerant design: IGBT-based with a transformer-isolated UPS assembly providing robust protection and a fault-tolerant design.
• Future-proof power: system expansion options for power and runtime available.
• Long operating life: 20 year design life for the flywheel component compared to 7 years for a typical battery.
• Low service costs: easy to install and maintain (frictionless barings).
• Containerised option: ideal for use with a standby generator, and in modular datacentres or remote installations
The series is identified by the Smart Grid Ready logo to indicate the UPS capability to manage the business opportunities the power networks of the future will introduce.