PowerShield³ provides efficient, user-friendly UPS management using bar chart displays to show major operational information such as the input voltage, UPS load % and batteries charge %.
The software also provides detailed information on fault conditions and UPS operating characteristics. PowerShield³ has been developed with a client/server architecture that makes it flexible and easy to use, and provides multi-lingual and on-line support.
• Sequential and priority-based shutdown: PowerShield³ provides unattended shutdown of single and networked PCs, saving any active work and the most widely used applications Windows. Users can define their own shutdown procedures and establish the order in which critical computers (such as servers) are to be
• Multi-platform compatibility: PowerShield³ uses the TCP/IP communications protocol to achieve standardised management and monitoring across the widest possible range of platforms. This makes it possible to monitor computers with different operating systems from a single console, for example monitoring a UNIX server from a PC with Windows and also connecting to UPS located in different
geographical areas using dedicated networks (intranets) or the Internet
• Event scheduling: PowerShield³ users can program their own shutdown procedures, detailing power-off and power-up scenarios to increase system safety and, equally important, power economy
• Messages management: PowerShield³ keeps users constantly informed about the status of their local and network UPS, and environmental sensors. A list can be defined of users who should receive e-mail messages, faxes and SMS when faults or sudden mains power supply failures occur
• Integrated SNMP agent: PowerShield³ features an integrated SNMP agent for UPS management which can send all the information required and generate traps using the RFC 1628 MIB standard and environmental sensors. This PowerShield³ can be downloaded free of charge from www.riello-ups.com All the trademarks indicated are the property of their respective owners.
Communication Software feature makes it possilbe to manage the UPS in compatible SNMP management stations such as HP Open View, Novell Managewise and IBM NetView
• Wap server integrated: PowerShield³ allows the user to monitor a UPS through WAP mobile phone
• Security, easy to use and connect, communication is password protected to ensure UPS system security. Using the new discovery/browsing function, all the RIELLO UPS connected to a protected computer or LAN can be displayed in a list format. In the absence of a LAN connection, support is provided for modembased