- Efficiency up to 97% in double conversion
- kW = kVA (pf 1) up to 40 °C
- Transformer-free UPS
- Full front access, back-to-back install
- Active Filter Mode (ACTIVE ECO)
- Colour LCD Touch Screen
- Peak shaving
The Riello UPS NextEnergy is the latest UPS series designed for mission critical applications as data centres, communication networks, commercial and industrial installations. The three-phase UPS offers transformer-free double conversion technology VFI SS 111, with integrated IGBT three-level design. NextEnergy is designed to offer unsurpassed performance and meets the power requirements of tomorrow. NextEnergy is fully scalable to evolve with growing business demands. It offers the highest level of power availability as well as reduced TCO, minimum energy consumption and CO2 emissions. Its unity power factor and easy system upgrading make it the ideal solution for the business continuity of any IT application. Thanks to its fault tolerant architecture, concurrent maintainability and hot scalability, NextEnergy guarantees continuous operation and premium protection for your customers’ business.
Next Energy is the latest UPS series designed for mission critical applications. The three phase UPS offers transformerfree double conversion technology VFI SS 111, with integrated the latest IGBT three-level design. Next Energy is designed to meet the power requirements of tomorrow, offering the highest efficiency in the market and low running cost. Thanks to the Efficiency Control System (ECS) Next Energy also guarantees the highest levels of efficiency even at partial loads.
Its unity power factor and easy system upgrading make it the ideal solution for the business continuity of any IT application.
- The latest technology of NextEnergy and the careful selection of high-quality components help to achieve first-class performance such as unity power factor (kVA-kW) and the capability to supply capacitive loads, which are very common in most Data centres, without any power derating up to 40 °C.
- Outstanding system efficiency up to 97% in On-Line double conversion mode, increasing to 98.5% in ACTIVE ECO and 98% in STANDBY Mode.
- The UPS design adopts a forced ventilation method to extract the heat produced by the internal components. Specific attention has been given to ensure the best operational level and lifetime. This is thanks to the automatic fan speed control which constantly adjusts to the specific load level, the fan failure alarm and the fan redundancy.
- Active ECO: in this operation mode, the bypass supply the active power while the inverter provides the reactive part of the load. This ensures the maximum level of efficiency (lower operating cost) and meanwhile a UPS input power factor close to unity, regardless of the load power factor. In addition, the inverter operation significantly reduces the harmonic content (THDi) applied to the mains supply. NextEnergy, in Active ECO mode, overcome the need for expensive power-factor-correction-systems and reduce the energy costs.
Battery care system
The battery is one of the most important parts of the UPS that ensures energy and therefore the correct operation in case of mains failure. Next Energy includes all the latest features to extend the battery life and keep the battery working efficiently, as well as advising users about any potential problems.
The variety of charging methods and the smart control system allows the use of the most common type of battery and technologies available on the market such as VLRA, AGM, GEL, NiCd as well as lithium Ion batteries, supercaps and flywheels.
Operation without Neutral
NextEnergy can work with or without the neutral line (N). This is an important feature to reduce the TCO related to the distribution system, when the neutral line is created by an isolation transformer close to the load: for example, in the modern Data Centre, or where the neutral is not used at all. This allows reduced cost of the distribution arrangements.
NextEnergy guarantees low footprint and flexible installation:
• The small footprint of the cabinet and complete front access for all maintenance activities, ensures maximum space for installation and service.
• Next Energy includes top and bottom cable entry as standard, removing the need for large and costly top entry cabinets.
• Ventilation is from the front to the top so no additional rear clearance required.
Maximum reliability and availability
NextEnergy UPS can be connected in parallel up to 8 units to increase the capacity or add redundancy (N+1).
Considering that a typical load can vary from 20 to 80%, the Efficiency Control System (ECS) function optimizes the operating efficiency of the entire system according to the power absorbed by the load. This ensures higher overall efficiency during all load conditions. Hot System Expansion (HSE) allows the addition of further UPS into an existing system, without the need to switch off the operational units or transfer them to bypass mode. This guarantees maximum load protection, even during maintenance and system expansion.
It ensures maximum levels of availability - even in the event of an interruption to the parallel control cable the system is “FAULT TOLERANT”. It is not affected by connection cable faults and continues powering the load without disruption, signaling an alarm condition.
INTERACTIVE TOUCH SCREEN
NextEnergy is equipped with a Touch screen 7” graphic color LCD display providing all the information on the UPS, measurements, voltage and current waveforms, operating states and alarms in many different languages.
The panel is used for the configuration and setting the parameters of the UPS with 3 levels of the security password based on the authorization level ensuring “actions based on skills/responsaility” policy.